Thursday, February 26, 2015

Spring is in the Air

And to that I say Hallelujah! It's been a weird winter. Warm for weeks at time, then bone cold the next. But March is coming, and with it the promise of warmer days and planting. As I've shared, in the past, I love to decorate for the seasons. I decided to take a break from making the granny squares for our swap, and work on something new. Of course they are free patterns and they turned out adorable!





I wanted to use my scrap yarn for this wreath. I'm really trying to use what I have on hand, and trust me I have tons of yarn in my craft room. It's like I have an addiction to yarn... I didn't have enough green to make the whole wreath one color, but I think it looks really cute with the stripes of green. I found the foam wreath form at my Dollar Tree. Can't beat that deal; a foam wreath form for $1!

I also made half the flowers like the pattern said, but the other half I made 5 petals, using the pattern I made for the flower headband. After all the flowers were done I was going to make the bumblebee, but my dinosaurs said they didn't like it as much and started calling out different bugs to put on it. We finally decided that I would make a ladybug for the wreath!






I love how it turned out. It's not hanging on the door yet; it will be hung up March 1st. Let's hope it ushers in Spring faster!

Until Next Time,
In2Kermit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email