Thursday, December 25, 2014

Carpenter Pants for an American Girl Sized Doll

Merry Christmas! As promised, here is the pattern for the pants. I tried 4 different patterns, before I just gave up and wrote my own. Most promised they would work for an 18" doll, but they were either too short, or way too tight. I wrote the pattern while making the first set of pants, corrected any errors with the second pair, and then worked off the pattern alone when I made the third pair of pants. I am not 100% sure that it's error proof, which is why I'm giving the pattern away for free, instead of selling it.

*This pattern is the property of Raising4Dinosaurs. You are welcome to sell any finished product, but please link back to me as the creator of the pattern. You may not sell this pattern, or claim it as your own. Thank you very much!*

Carpenter Pants that will Fit an 18" Doll

Materials:
WW yarn 
 size G-6 hook
Embrodiery Floss
Large sewing needle to sew in loose ends.

 Directions:

Chain 44 Join ch to form ring, do not twist
Row 1: ch 1, sc in each ch around, join to ch 1
Row 2- Ch 2. Dc in in 1st sc ch 1. Skip next st and Dc in 2nd sc. Ch 1. Continue around and slip stitch in chain. This will create thebelt loops
Rows 3- ch 2. Dc in chain space and in each dc and ch around to beginning. Join with ch 2
4 ch 2. HDC in each DC and ch across. Join to ch 2
5-9 Hdc in each hdc. Join to ch 2


First Leg: 
Row 10: ch 2, hdc in same spot as ch 2 and one hdc  in next 20 sts, hdc 2 times in 22nd st., skipping rest of the 22 stitches join to ch 2 

Rows 11-30: ch 2, hdc in each hdc around, join to ch 2.

Row 31: ch 1, sc in each hdc around. join, finish off.


Second Leg:

Row 10: join yarn to first skipped st of row 9. ch 2, hdc 2 times in first stitch and one hdc  in next 20 sts, hdc 2 times in 22nd st.

repeat rows 11-31 of first leg.



Back pockets (make 2)
Ch 6. Hdc in 2nd loop from hook. 5 hdc made ch 2
Row 2 hdc in each hdc ch 2
Row 3 hdc in each hdc. Fasten off and leave a long tail to sew on to pants.

Cargo pockets (make 1)
Ch 7. Hdc in 2nd loop from hook. 6 hdc, ch 2
Row 2 and 3- hdc in each hdc. Ch 2 6 hdc made
Row 4. Hdc in each hdc. Fasten off leaving a long tail to sew on to pants

Hammer Loop (make 1)
Ch 7. Hdc in 2nd ch from hook. Fasten off. Sew to pants, leaving a small loop, so sew the two ends close together on the pants.

Belt

Chain 55. HDC in 2nd loop from hook. Fasten off at end of chain. Weave in through belt loops, in and out and sew in place with embroidery thread, making stitches to resemble a belt buckle.

Finishing:
Sew on back pockets, hammer loop, and cargo pocket. Weave in ends. Weave in any loose ends.

Here are some close ups on the pants. I did the same design for all 3 pairs of pants, only changing the color of the belt. Pink for the girl doll and camo green for the other boy doll.


Back of the pants, showing the two back pockets. You can also see the cargo pocket on the side.


Cargo pocket. Left side of the pants.


Front of the pants. I embroidered a 'belt buckle' onto the belt. It served two purposes, to make it look cool and to sew the belt on so it couldn't be taken off the pants!


Hammer loop on the pants.

If you have any issues with this pattern, please add a comment - or message me on Facebook - and I will do my best to answer any questions you have!

Until Next Time,
In2Kermit

4 comments:

  1. I love these trousers!

    Could you put the stitch count on for each row? I seem to go from chain 44 to 43 stitches to 44 stitches all by row 4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why I didn't put these as a paid pattern! I'm just not very good at writing these things out...

      The pattern says to chain 44 and form a ring with those 44. When you get to the legs it says to only work the first 22 spaces, leaving the other 22 unworked. The stitches and chains you should be making should leave you with 44 each row total throughout. I'm not sure where you are missing a stitch, but there should always be 44 stitches. I hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Goodness knows what I've done lol. As long as I go into the legs with 44 I should be good. Thanks :-)

      Delete

Follow by Email