Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Kitchen/Dining Room is Finished!


It's been a busy couple of months here, at the new house. There isn't a day that goes by when there isn't something that I'm working on. Between painting the rooms, making curtains, or getting the school/playroom put together, I've been a busy girl!

I can't stand living out of boxes; perhaps because as a child we lived out boxes all the time. It drives the OCD part of my crazy, and I actually had the house 99% unpacked within 3 weeks of living here. With 3 kids that needed my help, I think that was pretty fast! Just because the house was unpacked didn't mean that it was anywhere near done, in my eyes. Everything had a home, but it needs the finishing touches. One of the first rooms I had to finish was the kitchen area. The orginal color was a hideous mustard yellow.



Now, I LOVE the color yellow; it's one of my favorite colors, but this yellow made me sick to look at it! Plus, when we got to painting the kitchen, it was obvious that they used a flat based paint, which showed every stain and discoloration that could happen. It was bad.

I decided, long ago, on a nice sage green. The kitchen needed sprucing up, and curtains- which I had made for the our previous house. I think the new color and effect is quite nice and really livens up the kitchen!
In addition to painting the room, I also spray painted the brass colored rings that surrounded the lights. I am not a fan of the brass color, and it really didn't look well with the green color. I bought a can of metal spray paint, at Lowe's, and painted everyone with a silver finish. The effect is muted and looks much better with the subtle tones in the kitchen.

In all, I am in love with the colors in this room. Here's a view, from the living room, looking into the dining room, breakfast nook, and kitchen. I love the way the colors go together and compliment each other so well.




My father will be building us a dining room table, so that all 10 adults can sit and enjoy Christmas dinner together. I am so fortunate that the dining room is large enough to accommodate the size table we'll need!

Until Next Time,
In2Kermit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email