Sunday, June 30, 2013

Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread


Today has been a rare day for June, going into July. This morning was 60 degrees! The high is only supposed to get up to 78 today, and it has been a wonderfully gorgeous day! I woke up feeling the need to bake. This really only happens in the Fall, when the cooler air is flowing, and the house is filled with a crisp scent of Autumn. If I hadn't known that it was June 30, I would have thought that Fall was on its way!

So, this morning, for my wonderful husband's birthday, I decided that I would make some Banana bread. We had some bananas that had been given to us, by my parents, that were really mushy and only good in breads. After looking at some recipes, I decided to make my own Gluten free version, from scratch. The results were amazing and it turned out so moist and delicious! Here's the recipe!
Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread
1/2 C. of real butter, softened
1. C of sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3 Tbsp. milk
1 C. mashed bananas
1 tsp. baking powder
2 C. of Gluten free all purpose mix. (I like the Gluten Free Cafe brand. You can see a picture HERE
1/2 C. of crushed nuts
_______________
Cream butter; add sugar and beaten egg. Combine baking soda, milk, and banana pulp. Add to butter mix.
Add the baking powder and Gluten free all purpose flour mix to bowl and beat until all ingreadients are mixed. Do not overbeat. Add crushed nuts to bread. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 min. After cooling for awhile in the bread pan, let cool completely on wire racks then store in the refrigerator until ready to eat with real butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email