Sunday, March 31, 2013

Child Training Bible


About a month ago I ordered a product called the Child Training Bible. I had seen this on several of the Christian blogs that I frequently read, and really loved the idea so I decided to try it myself.

I ordered the kit, and everything that they said you would need: the tabs, colored pencils, and a new Bible (none of the ones I have would have fit.). I allowed my children to help me put it together, and the above picture was the finished product. I wanted to write a review about this Bible, now that we've been using it for a few weeks.

We had out first chance to use it the day that we made it; our oldest was being defiant about something. After he was punished, we opened up the Child Training Bible, and read the verses about what the Bible says about being defiant. At the end of the scripture reading, there is time to ask questions about how Yeshua (Jesus in the modern day church) would have handled it, then we pray together asking for help to do better. I was honestly surprised at the softening that happened in my son's heart. He not only took the words to heart, but he was truly repentant for being defiant. After the incident, we moved on with our day. Later that night, he asked if we could sit down and read more about how Yeshua wants us to behave. I can honestly say that in the weeks that I've been using this program, I've seen true change in my children. They are now quoting the scriptures that we read when they have an undesirable behavior, and are really learning. I would recommend this to any parent that wants to teach their children. The Bible says to train up a child in the way they should, and this is a great way to start!

Until Next Time,
In2Kermit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email