Friday, January 11, 2013

Home Made Pedialyte


We've been battling the stomach flu at our house. Poor Mopsy has the worst of it, and as any good parent knows, you have to keep them hydrated. That can be an issue, when all they want to do is lay around. So, I decided that I would try some Pedialyte. If you've ever bought the stuff, at your local store, you know that it is expensive! $6 and up for a 48 oz bottle! I realized that there might be some good homemade recipes out there, and I've found one that Mopsy even likes! She pretty picky, when it comes to sweet stuff, so this was  a good thing! Here's the recipe that I made!





Home Made Pedialyte

  • 1/2 cup hot water
  • 3 1/2 cups water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Jello gelatin powder/mix, any flavor (I used raspberry)
Mix salt, sugar and Jello with hot water until dissolved. Stir into 3 1/2 cups of water and serve over ice. You can refrigerate this up to 3 days.

This is a huge money saver, and it tastes pretty good too! Here's hoping that this will help Mopsy get on the mend soon!

Until Next Time,
In2Kermit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email