Saturday, December 29, 2012

1925 Coleman Gas Pressure Iron

I'm so sorry for the lack of posts in December, but it's been an insanely busy month! From the kids' Christmas programs, to lots of holiday baking, to gathering with family and friends all month, I haven't had a moment to sit and catch my breath- let alone write a post! I hope that your Christmas season was filled with love and family, as ours was. There's nothing like being with your loved ones during the holidays. We are truly blessed!

I did want to share an amazing gift that I received, from a friend who knows how much I love antiques. She knew how much I've wanted an antique iron, and she found this for me!

1925 Coleman Gas Pressure Iron




I had never seen an iron like this before, and after reading the original instructions that came with it, I can see why it didn't stick around for very long! This was one scary iron!



This image, that I found online, shows how you would fill the bottom of the iron with alcohol and the metal top with gasoline. Then you would light the alcohol on fire! A little scary, if you ask me, but really cool to look at! I think that it's just a little to much work, to do, just for a pressed shirt. But, it's an amazing find, and I'm so grateful for the gift, and the thoughtfulness behind it!


Until Next Time,
In2Kermit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email