Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Zio's Greek Pasta


My husband and I love Italian. Something about the bold flavors, the rich food, and the atmosphere makes it a favorite for celebrations. There's a restaurant here, in KCK, called Zio's Italian Kitchen. If you have one near you, you should go check them out. One of our favorite dishes is their Greek Pasta. The bold Kalamata Olives, mixed with the Feta cheese and chicken makes this dish to die for! Of course, the first time we had it, we were in love, and I knew that I had to figure out how to make this! So, the last time we were there, I dissected the dish, and figured out how to make it! This year, for my husband's birthday, I made his favorite dish, and it turned out even better then the restaurant! Here's the recipe!

  • 3 C. of raw chicken, sliced into thin strips.
  • 1-2 TBSP of fresh garlic
  • 1/4 c. white wine
  • 1 tsp. of olive oil
  • kalamata olives, drained and rinsed.  (trust me, you want to rinse them off. The brine is strong)
  • 4 stalks of green onions, diced
  • roma tomatoes, diced
  • 4 oz. feta cheese
  • 2 TBSP of organo
  • 8 oz of cooked Penne' pasta
Cook pasta according to package directions. Once done, pour cool water over drained pasta to stop it from cooking. Meanwhile, saute the chicken and garlic in the olive oil and white wine. Once the chicken is cooked, toss in the olives and green onions and cook for about 5 min. Remove from heat and toss chicken with the pasta, tomatoes, feta, and oregano. Enjoy!

Until Next Time,
In2Kermit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email