Monday, July 2, 2012

Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake with Strawberry Icing


This past Saturday was my husband's birthday. I always try to make a big deal out of birthdays, making them something to remember, and always try to make his favorite dessert: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. I don't know what it was about this year, but finding fresh Rhubarb was impossible! I called 20 different stores, and no one had it! So, after asking if I could do something different, I went with a beautiful strawberry chocolate chip cake with fresh strawberry icing. It was INCREDIBLE! My a.m.i.l. and her husband loved it, the kids loved it, and most importantly my husband loved it! And, of course, here's the recipe!
• 1 box strawberry cake mix
• 1 pkg. instant strawberry creme pudding mix
• 1 3/4 cups milk
• 2 eggs
• 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips

For the icing:
• 1 stick butter, softened
• 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
• 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced (I used frozen, and put them in after they were thawed. I didn't need any milk to make it spreadable, as the strawberry juice added the needed liquid)
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 1 Tbs. of milk, if needed

Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips with and electric mixer till well combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour into greased 10x15 inch baking pan. Bake at 350
degrees for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely. Beat the
butter with electric mixer. Add powdered sugar and beat. Add strawberries and vanilla.
If needed to make the icing spreadable, add a bit of milk a teaspoon at a time. Spread
icing on cake. Store in the refrigerator.

Until Next Time,
In2Kermit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email