1. Today, I will make our home a house of prayer. I will pray at set times. And I will invite our children to come move into an interior space that lives with God.
2. Today, I will transfigure all things into beauty, and I will refuse to see anything else.
3. Today, I will not have any emergencies. There are no emergencies! Only amateurs hurry.
4. Today, when stress mounts, I pray to dismount it with gratitude. My stress management plan will be intervention with verbal thanks. I can only feel one feeling at a time, and I choose to give thanks at all times. Fight feeling with feeling!
5. Today, I will pray to speak words that are only STRONG words, words that make these children feel strong. Grace words. Grace is the only non-toxic air. All other words I breathe are death words.
6. Today, I will pray to be consistently consistent. I will create safe rhythms that our children can find security in. I will create daily ceremonies because everyday we are CELEBRATING the gift of now!
7. Today, the moment when I am most repelled by a child's behavior, that is my sign to draw the very closest to that child.
8. Today, I will hug each of my children as many times as I serve them meals -- because children's hearts feed on touch. I'll look for as many opportunities to touch my children today as possible --- the taller they are, the more so.
9. Today, my priorities will be all Things Unseen.
10. Today, I will laugh! And I will let the little children laugh! I will create a culture of JOY!
You can find a beautiful, printable copy of these rules HERE
There is nothing like trying to relax and enjoy your family. I only real job, in this life, is to raise 3 children who grow up to love Jesus and grow in Him. I don't care if my son decided to be a garbage man, when he could have been a CEO of a company. As long as he is on fire for God, then I've done my job. I'm learning that the cleaning can wait, the laundry can wait, the projects can all wait till the children are in bed, but while they are awake I am trying to take every advantage to enjoy them. I realize that every day won't always been sunshine and rainbows, heck most days won't! But, I am bound and determined to make the most of them!
Until Next Time,