Friday, May 18, 2012

Crockpot Meatloaf


I don't make much of a secret about how much I LOVE my crockpot! Oh, my little cooker can just cook supper all day, and when it's dinner time, I don't have to do anything! Such a wonderful little guy! I love it so much, that I actually have 2 slow cookers. Nothing quite like them! I make everything in them, and on hot days like today, it's a simple way to cook a hot meal without heating up your home. One of my favorite meals to make, in the crockpot, is meatloaf. Yes, you can cook even meatloaf in the crockpot, and here's how!


Non-stick cooking spray
2 pounds of ground turkey (you can use beef, but we don't eat red meat usually)
1 c. of plain bread crumbs (you could use Italian flavored bread crumbs, if you wanted a nice flavor, but plain is what I had on hand.)
3 eggs, whisked
1 TBSP of Italian seasoning
3/4 c. BBQ sauce
dash of salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Directions: Spray the inside of the crockpot with a non-stick spray. This is a very important step, so please don't skip it, or your meatloaf will not come out of the pot! In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Put the meat mix into the crockpot and cover. Cook on high for 4-5 hours, or on low all day. Make sure to spoon any grease off at the end. Super easy and a family favorite!

Until Next Time,
In2Kermit

3 comments:

  1. I tried this recipe (found it on Pinterest), and let me say, OMG!!! It was SOOOOOOOO good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that as well as spraying with spray, also use 3 strips of tin foil and place in the bottom and up the sides so it resembles the spokes of a wheel. Then, when the meatloaf is cooked, you have 'handles' to lift it out with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your idea! I prefer not to use aluminum foil, as I don't like to waste resources, but someone else might like this idea! Thank you for sharing!

      Delete

Follow by Email