Sunday, April 29, 2012

Make Your Own Disinfecting Wipes


I used to buy those disinfecting wipes, to clean up messes, all the time. Once I started making my own baby wipes, I started thinking of other things I could make, that would save money. One item I thought of was making my own disinfecting wipes. I don't know about you, but even if I buy the generic brand, they can run about $3 and up, for a large container! I use these all the time, especially in the bathroom to clean up the messes that little boys can leave. So, I made some, and used them. I love them so much, I will never buy those expensive ones again! Here's the directions!

You Will Need:
An empty large container with lid. I just used an old disinfecting wipe container I kept, for this purpose.
A roll of paper towels, cut in half
2 TBSP. Disinfecting solution, like Mr. Clean, or Pinesol
1 Cup of water


Measure your paper towels, after you've removed the center core. Even though I had a large container, my paper towels were to wide. So, I had to re-roll the paper towels, so that they would fit into the container.

Once I had the paper towels rolled in half, I put my cleaning solution and water into the container.
Once you have it mixed, put the paper towels in and let them soak. After they are all damp, you're ready to use them!
These clean wonderfully, and are so much cheaper then buying them at the store!

Until Next Time,
In2Kermit

8 comments:

  1. I use so many of these and never thought to make my own! Thank you! You are a life saver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could also use clorox or lysol instead of the Mr. Clean or Pinesol couldnt you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely can! Beware of anything containing bleach, though. It will eat your paper towels away.

      Delete
    2. ok, thank you for the information!

      Delete
  3. I tried this but my papertowels were breaking off in little bits. How do you get them as a whole sheet? Also, how do cut the roll in half?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First off, you have to make sure that you are using a quality paper towel. I've tried using cheap brands, and they break of into little bits. I like Viva Paper Towels. They really do stay strong when they are wet. Secondly, it depends on what solution you are using to making your disinfecting wipes with. If it contains any bleach it will eat away your paper towels. If you want it to be something that disinfects, try something without bleach.

      As for cutting the rolls in half, I put my large paper towel on a cutting board and take the largest, sharpest knife I have in my block and saw it in half. We only buy the knives that can be sharpened, not the serrated ones. I always have to sharpen my knives when I'm done, but that's how I cut them in half.

      Delete
  4. That is called the best guidance. I am glad to read this info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use old t-shirts cut into squares,roll up loosely at an angel...when your done just throw them in wash to reuse!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email