Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Gluten Free Chicken Strips



I have 1 sister, with a confirmed case of Celiacs, and 1 sister that has serious sensitivities to wheat gluten. When I was pregnant with Alexsaur, I had a pretty bad sensitivity to wheat gluten, as well, so with all these allergies in my family, I like to try new recipes that I can make for everyone. These chicken strips are gluten free, and so incredible that my husband and 2 oldest children wanted 2nds, and my oldest wanted 3rds, but there wasn't enough!

Here’s what you’ll need:

boneless chicken tenders – 1 bag
2/3 cup Instant Potato flakes
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp. paprika
1 stick of butter, melted


Mix the potato flakes, cheese and seasonings.  Dip the chicken fingers in the butter and then into the dry mixtures.  If you have extra melted butter, drizzle it over the chicken fingers.  This will help them brown.  Place them on the pan and bake at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes. 

This is what they look like before baking. Make sure to really pack on the mixture. Serve with some Ken's Honey Mustard dressing for a yummy dip! I made homemade Mac and Cheese with this, and it was definitely a winner!

Until Next Time,
In2Kermit

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I recently was diagnosed with Celiacs, and need to find good recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email