Monday, April 30, 2012

Cranberry Apple Salad


The other night, my wonderful husband grilled some incredible chicken, over a hickory fire. We are very lucky to have a massive hickory tree in our yard, and we pick up and save the bark that falls off to use. Since I knew that he was going to make some incredible smoked chicken, I thought that I would make a delicious salad to go with it. Delicious doesn't even begin to describe it! Everyone wanted more of this salad, and it's so easy to make! Here's the recipe!


You Will Need:
A bag of your choice salad mix. I got one that had romaine lettuce, red cabbage, and carrots in it.
2 apples, diced
small can of salted cashews (or pecans)
Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded or cut into small cubes
Bag of dried cranberries
Poppy Seed salad dressing (I got the Ott's brand)

Mix everything, but the salad dressing, together. Serve with a light drizzle of poppy seed dressing. The flavors go so well together, and the crunch from the apples and cashews is divine! Husband is already talking about when he grills out next, that I have to make this salad again! It's a winner!

Until Next Time,
In2Kermit

1 comment:

Follow by Email