Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cricut Condolence Card

There is nothing more devastating then the loss of a child. For reasons, beyond our knowing, God sometimes calls our child home, before us, leaving a hole that only He can fill. While nothing can fix that hole, knowing that someone is praying for you, and standing with you, can help. A dear friend of mine suffered such a loss recently, and I made her a card. With her permission, I am showing you how to make the card.

You will need:
Cricut Lite Bloom
Cricut Lite Lovely Floral
Cardstock in the colors of your choice
Pop dots
glue
stamp and stamp pad (I used the Martha Stewart wedding one. I threw the packaging away, so I don't know the exact name)

Directions: I cut out the butterfly and cage, from the Bloom cartridge, at 3", and glued the butterfly together. I then cut out the back pattern at a 4", using the Lovely Floral. Taking white cardstock, I adhered the border design to the cardstock. Then, using pop dots, I popped the butterfly, making it stand out. The cage was glued using a liquid glue .I stamped the pattern on, but the ink didn't go all the way thru, so I hand drew the pattern in black, to make it show up a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email