Friday, March 2, 2012

The Body of Christ

The past 3 days, I've been battling viral bronchitis. I woke up feeling fine, Tuesday morning, and by lunch time, I was down for the count. It's been 3 days of barely being able to cough, sit up, or do much of anything! Something I found interesting, though, was watching my children as I battled my illness. I got to see such a sweet side out of my oldest son, as he would rub my hands, stroke my hair, and try his hardest to make me feel better. I watched my daughter (sick herself no less) try to make mommy feel better, trying to squeeze in extra snuggles, and giving extra love. It really made me think. They could have tried to get away with anything, I was in no shape to stop them, but instead they decided to pour out extra love and attention; trying their hardest to help me. Without even hearing how the Christ's church should act, they modeled the love of Christ and tried their hardest to help me get better. As the body of Christ, we should be taking on the burdens of our brothers and sisters; helping them when they are down, feeding them when they are hungry, visiting them when they are sick or in prison. My 2 little nurses sure did help me out alot, and I would like to think that they got their kind spirits from their parents, but I know that I can't rightfully take credit. I know that Christ has already begun working in my children's lives, molding them into His image. I can only hope that they see the reflection of Jesus in me, so that they will continue to grow into His image.  "Having confidence of this very thing, that he who has begun in you a good work will complete it unto Jesus Christ's day:" Phil. 1:6

Until Next Time,
In2Kermit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email