Monday, February 27, 2012

Which Food Additives Make Kids Behave Badly? | Healthy Child Healthy World

I ran across an interesting blog. Which Food Additives Make Kids Behave Badly? | Healthy Child Healthy World
Now, as a parent, I always am watching what my kids eat. I don't let them have anything with HFCS, anything processed, and try really hard to make sure that they don't eat anything that's not natural. But, there are times when I can't be there. I know at church, their kids groups give them snack foods. Things like Goldfish, graham crackers, etc. Not that these foods, in and of themselves, are horrible but my kids aren't used to eating them. I've noticed that, when we get home, they are ridiculously crabby, irritable, and just a mess emotionally. I've always chalked it up to being tired; after reading this article, I'm not so sure. I know that I can't always be there to make sure that they eat what they should. Let's face it, if I packed a snack for Sundays, they wouldn't want to eat it anyway; all their friends would be eating something else, and that wouldn't be fair. I guess I'll have to make sure that they're not getting anything horrible in their diets, at home. I check all labels, but there are several things on this list that I don't check for; like food dyes. If it is something that they are really sensitive to, and the behavior is only happening when they go to kid's church, then I guess I'll have to send them with their own snacks. Just something to think about...

Until Next Time,
In2Kermit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email