Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sweet Heart Pizza


Tonight, I made some home-made pizza. It’s a favorite around here, and I thought I would share the recipe to spread the love!
Pizza Dough for Bread Machine (makes 1 ½ lbs. of dough)
1 C. warm water
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
1 ½ tsp. salt
3 C. flour
2 ¼ tsp. yeast
Instructions:
Layer ingredients in order, patting down the flour before adding yeast. Run your bread machine on dough setting only. I’m lazy, and don’t make my dough by hand anymore. I’m sorry; my hands are a little full chasing dinosaurs around the house!
After dough is finished, roll out and form to a 12” x 16” cookie sheet, or 2 pizza pans.  Bake in a 400 degree oven for 8 min.

Pizza Toppings:
 1 C. or more of prepared Spaghetti sauce (I hate how bland pizza sauce is, and find that most spaghetti sauce is nicely spiced, and mighty tasty for pizza sauce
Pepperoni slices
½ C. Mushrooms, chopped
½ C.  Green onions, chopped
½ C. Black olives, diced
2 C. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Instructions:
Spread enough pizza sauce to cover dough. You don’t want so much that it’s soaked, but enough that it’s not dry, either. Put a layer of pepperoni, then some mushrooms, green onions, black olives, and whatever other toppings your heart desires. Put a layer of mozzarella cheese on top.  I then cut a bunch of pepperonis into heart shapes and placed on top of the cheese. Bake the entire pizza for 15 min, at 400 degrees, until cheese is melted! The family loved it, and the little hearts were so cute!

 Such cute little hearts!

Until Next Time,
In2Kermit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email