Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Spring Time Art Project



I saw this idea on Positively Splendid , and I thought it was the cutest ark project ever! The only thing is that it was all sewn. Now, I can sew, and I sew well, but there was no way I was going to have time to make this, having to sew every little piece! But, the more I thought about it, the more I was certain I could do a really cute paper version of it. So, yesterday during nap time, I did!

You will need:
Photo Mat that has an opening for 5x7 picture
Piece of paper to cover the hole on the mat
Orange and green craft paper
Glue
Pop dots
Acid free writing pen
Cricut machine and the “Savory” cartridge (you can cut out the pieces by hand. You won’t get the detail, but you can make something pretty cute by hand, too)


Using my Cricut, I cut out the carrots, on a 4 1/2” size. Couldn’t be simpler! 



After I cut out the carrots, and the green tops, I cut out a polka dot paper, from Paper Studios collection, to fit the mat. Glue on the paper to the back of the photo mat. Let dry.


 Glue the tops on the carrots; let dry.

Cut out a zigzag pattern, to make it look like a cute little bunny took a bite out of one of your carrots!




 Taking pen, draw dashes and dots along the right side of the photo mat. Add bunny and the word ‘YUM’, if desired. 



Put pop dots on the back of carrots, and adhere to the polka dot paper.


 Put finished product in a frame and display your artwork! When the weather warms up, I have to spray paint that frame. The color doesn't go with anything! But, it will hold my new art work, until I can paint the frame! A simple nap-time craft!

Until Next Time,
In2Kermit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email