Saturday, February 18, 2012

Regrowing Produce from Scraps


Awhile back, I ran across this gardening site, that claimed that you could grow 5 different vegetables from scraps. I don't know if you've noticed or not, but produce is expensive! So, if I can regrow some of that produce, from the scraps that I would put in the compost pile, then let's try it!

I bought a package of green onions, from the store, and as I used them, I saved the lighter green to white parts, and soaked them in water. In 2 days, the re-growth looked like this:
I make sure when there's any sun shining in the window, that they are getting sunlight, and they have plenty of water. When the weather warms up, I'll plant the bulbs and put them in the window. The roots are getting quite large! As long as the green onions keep up the growth, I'll never have to buy green onions again! I think I'll try the celery next...

Until Next Time,
In2Kermit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email